RCRA Unraveled, 2014 Edition
(Quantity discounts available)
Softbound, 977 pages.
7.375 x 9.25 x 1.25 inches
Published January 2014
The 2014 edition includes
a summary of final rules issued by EPA that have significantly changed the RCRA regulatory program in the last three years (2011-2013). You'll also find guidance on:
- Solid wastes
- Characteristic wastes
- Listed wastes
- Exclusions and exemptions
- Rules for management
- Generator issues
- Hazardous waste treatment
- Universal wastes
- Used oil
- Land disposal restrictions
- Point of generation
- Air emission standards
- Common enforcement issues
- Corrective action
- Sampling/waste characterization
- Remediation and demolition
Over 500 probing examples from EPA's guidance.
Keyword index for easy location of information on specific topics.
Reference and access to hundreds of EPA's guidance documents.
Handy indices for all the tables, figures, and case studies.
List of acronyms used in the book.
Unravel the complexities of RCRA
The 2014 edition of McCoy's RCRA Unraveled includes guidance/clarification on the most troublesome areas in Parts 261-266, 268, 273, and 279 contained in Title 40 of the CFR. The book clearly explains the regs and answers many questions, such as:
- Can I use composite samples to make hazardous waste determinations?
- Are my spent materials, sludges, by-products, etc., excluded from the definition of solid and hazardous waste if I recycle them?
- Are my spent solvent streams really listed hazardous wastes or only hazardous by characteristic?
- When do the P- and U-codes apply to chemicals that I am discarding?
- When does satellite accumulation end and 90-day accumulation begin? What are the different requirements for these two types of accumulation?
- How are spills and spill residues regulated?
- How can I take advantage of the legal loopholes and exemptions to keep me out of RCRA?
- How should hazardous waste generated by contractors at my site be managed?
- How do the mixture and derived-from rules apply to my operations?
- How can I treat my hazardous waste without a permit?
- What is the easiest way to manage my bulbs and batteries?
- Is my recycling practice just a manufacturing operation or really a RCRA waste management activity?
- How do the LDR regs apply to my operation?
- What do the Subpart AA-CC regs require me to do?
- If I have hazardous contaminated soil, what are my remediation options under RCRA?
Every month we publish an excerpt in our Compliance Corner.
the 2014 edition of McCoy's RCRA Unraveled today,
either separately, or with its companion volume, McCoy's RCRA
Reference. These books are especially valuable when used
McCoy and Associates,
Inc. is committed to providing solid, reliable environmental compliance
information. We guarantee your satisfaction. If you are not completely
satisfied with your publication, return your book for a complete
and immediate refund.