April 11, 2017
Job Title: Senior Environmental Engineer
Job Function: Seminar Presenter and Technical Writer
We are seeking a self-motivated and confident professional who would like to pursue a career in presenting seminars on the RCRA regulations and writing content that describes RCRA compliance requirements. You will also manage logistics and provide exceptional customer service during the seminars so attendees have a relaxed, enjoyable, and productive seminar experience.
Outside of the seminars, you will provide excellent customer service (i.e., research and answer customer’s technical questions on environmental regulatory compliance). And, being a RCRA content expert, you will assist with McCoy’s annual technical publication development. These assignments are generally performed individually, but you will also collaborate closely with cross-functional team members; therefore, the ability to work both independently and as part of our team is a prerequisite.
McCoy has a high performance culture, and in order to succeed, you must seek out, embrace, and incorporate critical feedback to enhance your work performance. You should have little or no anxiety about public speaking, be an excellent writer, and possess a strong drive to continually improve and refine your skills.
Join one of the most trusted resources in the environmental industry. McCoy and Associates has a 35-year history of providing quality environmental compliance training and publications to industry, regulatory agencies, and governmental entities. We are a small company with a highly productive culture that thrives on honest feedback, mutual respect, responsibility, and teamwork. This is a unique opportunity to develop and exercise critical thinking, project management, and leadership skills.
If you’d like to make a positive difference in the lives of environmental professionals, consider McCoy.
- 5 years RCRA experience
- Industrial plant experience and knowledge sufficient to answer technical questions about specific plant equipment
- Excellent verbal communication skills, be able to speak clearly and decipher complex concepts and questions to explain their meaning
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to break down and explain regulatory and technical nuances
- Ability to travel 25-35% of the time
- Comfortable with public speaking, presenting to groups of 35–150 people
- Strong, self-driven work ethic
- Enjoy a broad variety of assignments and seek exposure to the operations of an entrepreneurial, boutique organization
- Project management skills; have the ability to manage the contributions of others
- Previous experience being a presenter is a plus
- Inspire others with your pursuit of excellence
Verbal communication skills, Written communication skills, Computer skills, Critical thinking, Project management
B.S. degree in chemical or environmental engineering or related field (e.g., environmental science)
Sent Resume to McCoy:
©2017 McCoy and Associates, Inc. All rights reserved.
Considerable care has been exercised in preparing this document; however, McCoy and Associates, Inc. makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee in connection with the publication of this information. McCoy and Associates, Inc. expressly disclaims any liability or responsibility for loss or damage resulting from its use or for the violation of any federal, state, or municipal law or regulation with which this information may conflict. McCoy and Associates, Inc. does not undertake any duty to ensure the continued accuracy of this information.
This document addresses issues of a general nature related to the federal RCRA regulations. Persons evaluating specific circumstances dealing with the RCRA regulations should review state and local laws and regulations, which may be more stringent than federal requirements. In addition, the assistance of a qualified professional should be enlisted to address any site-specific circumstances.